Rhodes. Greece. Palace of the Grand Masters central courtyard at Rhodes old town. The courtyard is paved with geometric marbles tiles and lined with ancient Hellenistic statues at Rhodes old town. Dating from the 14th century, the Palace of the Grand Masters is a fortress within the old town that was seat of government of the Grand Masters and nerve centre of the Knights quarter. It was restored in the 1930’s by Italians for the intention of using it as a summer residence for Mussolini.
- Copyright Steven Sklifas, All rights reserved.
- Image Size
- 4005x2660 / 6.9MB
- Contained in galleries
- Greece - Rhodes - Rhodes Town