Rhodes. Greece. The typically Rhodian style stone built campanile tower of Church of Panagia (The mother of God). The bell tower was built by the Grand Master d’Aubusson in around 1450 and bears his coat of arms. The Tower is in the dazzling medieval whitewashed village of Lindos which lies on the slopes of the dramatic Acropolis and Knights castle. Lindos is located on the east coast of the island of Rhodes which is the largest of the Dodecanese Island group and one of the most popular Greek Islands.